> Digital Skills
What is digital learning and how is it impacting businesses?
May 30 2022 4 min read
As digital transformation shows no signs of slowing down, digital upskilling is no longer a nice to have but a must-have if businesses are to remain competitive. So how do businesses keep up?
Digital training and learning is the answer. But what is it? And what benefits does it hold? In the blog, we’ll answer these common questions and provide examples of how it works in practice.
- What is digital learning?
- What are the benefits?
- How can businesses embrace digital learning?
- Want to get in on the action?
What is digital learning?
Digital learning is any form of learning facilitated by the use of technology. The primary aim is to provide training and development for employees and organizations. Types of digital learning include eBooks, online courses and programs, online platforms, webinars and more.
What are the benefits?
In short, digital learning gives organizations and employees the chance to learn when they want, where they want, how they want and at the pace they want, with their needs being the main focus.
Some of the main advantages include:
- Access anywhere, any time - Digital learning platforms can be accessed anywhere and at any time of the day if you have digital access.
- Global connectivity - No territory restrictions here. Employees can access platforms wherever they are.
- Collaboration opportunities - Offers employees the chance to collaborate with peers, managers, training providers and teachers.
- Ability to personalize training - Learning pathways can be tailored to meet an organization's needs and goals.
- Ability to monitor and evaluate learning - Offers the ability to log and track learning activities, progress and grades.
- Consistency of learning - Content is consistent across platforms.
- Fully integrated and optimized platforms - The best platforms can integrate into your learning management system (LMS), tailored to your training needs and can even match your branding.
- Time efficient - Employees can access learning at a time that suits them, rather than being committed to a scheduled slot.
- Fosters the mindset of continual development - Gives employees the tools, means and motivation to continually learn and grow.
- Prepares businesses for the future - Provides training that upskills employees effectively, keeping organizations up to date with digital change.
How can businesses embrace digital learning?
The benefits of digital learning are endless. Not only does it help upskill your employees and prepare your organization for a digital future, but it also fosters a culture of continual development, resulting in motivated employees.
So we know the benefits, but what are some examples of digital learning in action? Let’s take a look.
Work with the right provider to achieve organizational success
While devising and rolling out a digital learning strategy and program in-house is possible, you should consider working with an experienced training provider if you don’t have the required learning and development team with the right skills.
A training provider will work with you to establish your needs, build a program with tailored content, support the launch and help you prove the impact. It’ll allow employees to learn new skills, which will also help prepare your organization for a digital future.
One of the main benefits is employee development. It gives individuals a chance to learn, grow and advance the efforts of the organization. You can tailor lessons to meet your organization's needs and regularly monitor progress, whether you roll out a program in-house or work with an external provider.
Digital learning can be an excellent way of getting new employees up to speed with their new roles. A digital platform can be a fast and efficient way of learning, featuring modules, lessons and more that are directly related to the day-to-day tasks of the role.
As an organization, this also allows you to monitor their progress, evaluate their learning and decide whether the onboarding period was successful.
Want to get in on the action?
Ready to invest in digital learning? The first step is to find the right digital skills provider. If you’re unsure where to start or feel overwhelmed by the number of choices available, you’ve come to the right place. Our helpful guide outlines all the options and the positives and negatives of each.
Click the link to download your copy.
11 considerations when choosing the best digital learning platform
With so many digital training and learning platforms available, it can be difficult to know where …Read more
Challenge #3: Accelerating Digital Transformation in the Wake of COVID-19
Should you be rethinking F2F training, moving away from outmoded learning approaches, and making the…Read more
LinkedIn Learning vs Udacity: The pros and cons for businesses
So you’re ready to digitally upskill your business, but how do you choose the right training partner…Read more